1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Custom HP death per token

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Lonewolf147, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

I know there are three ways to track death in the main program rules, -Ability, -Attribute, %Value. I've seen requests to be able to add a specific number too (so -17 could always be death instead of -10). I'd like to see this taken one step further and have this option available inside each token as well.

Having it in the main program rules is great, and that would be the value used when creating new tokens. But, what about those constructs and undead who die at 0? Or some magic that let's a player go beyond the normal -10/-CON? Having the option to customize the death setting in each token would be very helpful.

2. ChrisRevocateur

For undead and constructs at least, they don't have Con scores, and so die at 0 HP in the program already.

But yes, I agree, I'd love to be able to set this per token.

3. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

This works in under the Pathfinder rules, but not under the 3.5 rules. Non-CON creatures are still staggered at 0 hp and don't die until -10.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Regardless of the ruleset:
    If Creature has CON as "-" (dash), the creature will die when it is reduced to 0 or fewer HP.
    If creature has CON as (any positive or neutral integer), then the creature will die based on the type of rule implemented; -Ability, -Attribute, or %Value.

I have this Feature Request now listed as: add new rule, so there are would be four rules: -Ability, -Attribute, %Value, and -Value

If you have another suggestion, please expand on the idea.

5. ChrisRevocateur

No Curtis, we need to be able to set this PER TOKEN. We don't necessarily need more global options.

What's he's saying is that when you use the -Value rule (as you do when running 3.5, say), that undead and constructs aren't dying until that -value, even though they should die at 0 HP (which only works when you use the -Ability rule).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying though:
    "Regardless of the ruleset:
    If Creature has CON as "-" (dash), the creature will die when it is reduced to 0 or fewer HP.
    If creature has CON as (any positive or neutral integer), then the creature will die based on the type of rule implemented; -Ability, -Attribute, or %Value." sound right-ish.

But:
    "I have this Feature Request now listed as: add new rule, so there are would be four rules: -Ability, -Attribute, %Value, and -Value" doesn't repeat that same thing you said above.

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

OK, I agree. Death rules for undead and constructs should be TOKEN LEVEL.

This is tracked as a defect, as the correct rule only applies to -Ability (and not -Value or -%Max). (DE246)