1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Comand Window issue when cancelling active effects.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Golkiwu, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Recently I have been encountering an issue with the Effects Command Popup Dialogue Window when cancelling active effects. I am running my D20PRO Window across 2 screens, and when I go to cancel an effect, the confirmation Dialogue window will often appear outside of the main D20PRO window where I can neither see not access it. This causes me to restart D20PRO, and then Resize the window, Cancel the effect, Move the confirmation Dialogue Window, and then keep on. After I perform the resize, and move the Confirmation Dialogue Window, it will stay where I put it, but otherwise (and this happens every 2-3 sessions, it moves off Window/Screen where I cannot access it. I want to be able to move other windows, like character edit views, outside of the D20PRO Window, but is could it be made so that any confirmation Dialogue window is centered automatically in the active D20PRO Window View? IT does not occur with any other Confirmation Dialogue Box, only when I cancel an active effect.

Thanks,

Windows 7 64 bit
    8 GB Ram
    Intel Quad Core 3.0 Ghz
    JAVA 7 build 51

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Golkiwu,

This is quite interesting, the popup Confirmation dialogue box should display in the center of the Active Effects window. If you could send us a log from when this happens it will greatly help us, since I was unable to reproduce it (And I've tested using 2,3, and 4 monitors).

I'd like to find out what is causing the issue with that one computer and those creatures. Please download the following error-logger for d20Pro (log4j.prp). Unzip, then place in the following directory: /d20Pro/res/
    Download Error/Warning Logger for d20Pro
    Restart d20Pro, complete the actions that were causing the strange behavior.

Next, please email: contact @ d20Pro . com with the d20.log file, available from the following directory: /d20Pro/
    Then I can take a look if anything is out of place.

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Thanks Curtis. Unfortunately I won't be running a game for 4-6 weeks now, but I will do as you have asked when I resume.

4. Endrio

Endrio New Member

Also even though I've deleted out all my creatures (hand created and imported from various places), when I import the new Bestiary, they all show back up again plus a copy of every new creature for every time I tried to import them. It seems that deleting things out of the library doesn't truly delete them.

5. ChrisRevocateur

Should probably be out up in its own thread.