1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Creating a character

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sorrol, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Sorrol

Sorrol New Member

Hello,

I'm completely new to the d20Pro tool and I was wondering...

Is it possible to create a character with the Player License?
    And if so, how do I do this?

Cheers,
    Sorrol

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Sorrol!

The player license allows the player to connect to a GM licensed game and does not use the guest slots on the GM license, so it is a way to reduce the cost of entry for the GM. A good way for players to update their character is via HeroLab or PCGen then send the character to the GM who can import it and override your existing character with the new stats/stuff. And if you have a Player's License already I would suggest using our pre-order form on backerkit to upgrade for only $5 while we are still taking backerkit pre-orders :)
    https://d20pro.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Guest License
    The Guest License comes bundled with d20Pro and allows you to join a game as a Player. The only restriction to this free license is that the Judge running the game must have at least 1 open Guest Slot available at the time you connect. Guest Licenses are included at no extra cost with d20Pro.

Player License
    The Player License is similar to the Guest License in that you may only join a game with it. The difference is that you will always be allowed to join a game independent of open Guest Slots. A Player License costs $10 and may be upgraded at any time to the basic Full License.

Full GM License
    The Full License may be used to join OR host a game as a Judge. The basic Full License includes 2 Guest Slots, allowing up to that many Players to connect for free using the Guest License. A Full License costs $30 and may be upgraded at any time with additional Guest Slots at a cost of $10 each. Players with their own licenses will not occupy Guest Slots.
    http://d20pro.com/about/#download

GMs can also buy additional Guest Licenses on their Full License for +$10 each.

3. fixit9660

fixit9660 New Member

Having created a character, how do you give him/her/it a face please? I read on a 2008 post that you just upload the .jpg file to install_folder/dm/res/CTR, (or something similar) which doesn't exist on my install. I do have C:\Program Files\MesaMundi\d20Pro\judge\campaigns\The Wizards Amulet\res\CTR which has Devin Night overhead view .png.emc files. I've dumped .jpg and .png files in to it without effect.
    Any help appreciated, and I have had a fair look around the forum.
    Thanks in advance,
    Andy.

4. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

All you have to do is click on the character picture (I call the blank one the "Ziggy") and it will bring up the menu for it.
    Click on the character token on a map and hit "E" or just click on it in the Library.
    At the top of the menu will be the button labeled "Import Image".
    You will then see multiple options for choosing a file. The one labeled "Clipboard " will bring in any pic you have just copied. Of course you can bring one in from a file location as well.
    You can then crop it to choose only what you want to see, and hit OK. There is a text window at the bottom left for you to name the folder it will be saved in. If you put a name that does not exist then it will create the folder.

As far as the CTR folder, it should be there if you have created a campaign.

Should be in Judge-->campaigns-->Campaign Name-->res. That is where all the folders that are created for images go.

5. fixit9660

fixit9660 New Member

Ahhh now that's just Weird!
    I went through the same procedure as I have when creating the character, clicked on the picture window and as usual it brought up the "image Chooser" window. Thanks to your response I then noticed the red background button "Import Image" at the top left-hand corner. Before I just thought this was a Label Tab. At this point, as before - and this is why I had to ask the question - the "All Creature Images" panel was empty, despite the actual folder having 9 jpeg files in it.

When I clicked on the "import Image" button it then displayed the "import CTR Image" panel and I was able to File > Open > etc etc and select one of the 9 jpeg files.

Now the weird bit; once I had selected one of the files, and "OK"'d it, ALL of the other 8 jpeg pictures became visible in the "All Creature Images" window. I can now select any of them quite normally.

Why didn't they show up before? I wouldn't have had to raise this thread.

Thanks for your help in getting me to notice the Red button though.

Best regards,

Andy.

6. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Glad to be of assistance.