1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.4.5: Some Creature Token Art Locked?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by JWMangrum, Mar 31, 2015.

1. JWMangrum

JWMangrum New Member

I'm not sure if this is a bug or simply the result of some toggle I've overlooked somewhere, but since updating to 3.4.5, my players noticed that certain creature tokens weren't displaying--showing just a generic "padlock" icon rather than their art. Why some creatures were displaying art and others weren't was initially quite mystifying, but I soon sorted out that those that do display their art are all PNG files (utilizing transparency), while those that don't are all JPGs (which of course aren't transparent).

Oddly, all of these tokens (the PNGs and the JPGs) appear normally (showing art) in my GM client; it's only player clients who can't see them. This discrepancy turns up even when I run GM and player clients side-by-side on the same computer; I can see art as a GM, but not as a player.

So, anyway, I'm in a muddle. Have I somehow accidentally "locked" player access to JPG tokens?

2. JWMangrum

JWMangrum New Member

P.S.: I just checked and the same issue affects item tokens as well. It does not affect maps, however; I use JPGs for those and they're fine.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi JWMangrum,

This can be solved by following this procedure: http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2965#p12053

4. JWMangrum

JWMangrum New Member

That did it! Thanks a bunch!