1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to login at the moment - fresh install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Judge_Wilson, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Judge_Wilson

Judge_Wilson New Member

Error message reads:

Unable to connect.
    Caused by: Error decrypting handshake response.
    Caused by: Handshake Request msg has expired. Handshake created at 21-Sep-2014 13:01:09 client time. The server's current time is: 21-Sep-2014 21:01:17. Too much time has elapsed since the request was created. Please make sure your clock is set to the proper time.

What is going on?!

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

check your system clock and make sure it is set correctly and adjusted for proper time zone.. there is a thread about this, do a search on the forums here...

3. Judge_Wilson

Judge_Wilson New Member

Sorry, I did that. I should have added that! System clock is set correctly, to local time (to me).

Any other ideas?

4. Whirlingdervish

Are you trying to connect someone or is someone connecting to you?

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

well, it's clearly showing a 8 Hour time difference between your machine and the server. (21-Sep-2014 13:01:09 client time. The server's current time is: 21-Sep-2014 21:01:17).. positive you have your time and more importantly, time zone set correctly?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last night is the first time I tired to implement it. A PC moved his character into a region covered by the FOW and I was prompted to reveal. When I confirmed, it cleared the FOW and all the players saw the area... not such a big deal since all the enemies are hidden, but I'd like to know how to avoid this in the future.

7. ChrisRevocateur

1st) You'll be more likely to get a good response to a question like this by making your own topic, as it has nothing to do with the OP.
    2nd) Player specific FOW has not been implemented in what is now called d20Pro Legacy (the current version). From what I understand, it is going to be implemented in d20Pro Unlimited, due out in June or July I think (I can't remember for sure). I'm not sure if player specific FOW is going to be there immediately, or if it will be added soon afterwards. But for now, it's either all players see it, or no players see it.