1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[fixed] Adding markers sometimes causes players to see nothing but question marks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by lefty2shoes, May 23, 2015.

1. lefty2shoes

lefty2shoes New Member

Sometimes when adding markers to the campaign's markers.zip file players who could once have seen the markers now see only question marks.

Steps:
    1. Start a campaign
    2. Create a map
    3. Add some markers to it
    4. Have a player join (Confirm they see markers)
    5. Shut down all d20pro instances
    6. Open markers.zip in the campaigns/[name]/res/ManuallySpecified folder.
    7. Add additional image
    8. Start game
    9. Add a new marker and chose the new image.
    10. Have player join
    11. Note that the player sees only question marks. "?"

Repro rate: Less than 25%

No know work-around.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Re: Adding markers sometimes causes players to see nothing but question marks

Anytime a player has a lock icon on any graphic please follow the following steps:

1) GM = Options > Judge > Refresh Resources
    2) GM = Broadcast Current Game State to Players (F5)
    3) Player = Options > General > Advanced > Attempt GC

d20Pro no longer scans all images upon startup (to provide ultra fast startups and you only have to update resources when you add new images) and only uses the ones currently available. When adding images in any directory or zip file, please refresh resources, rebroadcast, then have player GC.
    Similar Issue: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2990

3. lefty2shoes

lefty2shoes New Member

Re: Adding markers sometimes causes players to see nothing but question marks

I tried a couple of those steps minus the garbage collection one. I didn't have any luck. I was able to fix the problem eventually and it could have been one of either of these things:

1. I savee the map, closed it and opened it up again while the player was offline.
    2. I unpacked all the markers used a python script to resize them all to 100x100 and repacked them into the markers.zip.

The next time the player logged in he could see all the markers again.

Hard to say what the answer was.

Thanks,
    --Marc