1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spells and abilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aellongm, Jun 12, 2015.

1. aellongm

aellongm New Member

I just recently downloaded d20pro, having decided not to wait for ultimate after all, but I found something I wasn't expecting. Though all spells for Pathfinder are in the db, as are most abilities, they don't seem to have any effects linked to them. Is there something I need to download, or activate for this to happen?

2. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

Typically, you have to program these.

And then adjust them as the player levels up.
    You do have the ability to save them when you have one built.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yeah Kota hit that... As a GM it might appear the tool is lacking in this regard, but in my opinion as a GM, it really isn't.. At first is seems like it would be easier to just have a list "click" done, but in practice there are so many "loose change" variables involved it is much easier to just add these to the character by hand, than to pick something from a list that has to be rewritten for the specific character anyway..

in other words, if I have to double check all the values and tweak it to the character, what is the pre-populated list really doing for you?

4. aellongm

aellongm New Member

Dunno. Seems a bit excessive for each new gm to have to reinvent the wheel. Most spells will be used as stock: level times die + mod for most damage spells, very little tweaking in all but a few. But if the feature isn't there, at least I know I didn't miss anything.

Thank you both for your answers.