1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Community Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wesley Gorby, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Hello everyone,

I am Krilion GreyDragon. The d20Pro team has given me a home as Community Manager. This means I will serve as a first point of contact for your questions and comments about d20Pro, thus giving the tech guys and devs a small bit of breathing space to focus on writing code, attending conventions, handling business items and other such geeky tasks that they do.

It is my hope that I will be able to help everyone in what ever aspect it is that they need help with -- whether that is a technical issue, a tip or trick on how to mold the software to make it do what you want, or just a simple question about the future of d20Pro. If there is something I do not know or cannot answer, I will will do my best to find it out for you.

A little about myself: I’ve been gaming since the mid 80s, cut my teeth on D&D of course. In the decades that followed I ran a Bulletin Board System (BBS/Fidonet) for gaming before there was a public internet. I met my wife of twenty years at a Shadowrun game. We have two wonderful daughters, who also love gaming. We all enjoy a multitude of various RPG games and often get games just to read the rule sets.

BBS’ing got me into computers, which led to being a PC tech for many years. Since then I have moved into web design and databases and dabbled in a fair share of programming languages though I haven’t really mastered any of them yet.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

2. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

Congratulations. I'd warn you that we're a pretty fickle crowd, but you're already familiar with those of us that are troublemakers. I'm looking forward to your increased involvement and hopefully I can make time to game again soon. Feel free to keep us informed of the progress! :D

3. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

Congrats on the appointment.

-Car

4. Lightangel

Lightangel New Member

Maybe you can wake up this forum its about as dead as a graveyard. If you want to keep people interested there needs to be a steady flow of information. I like what d20 offers its just hard to stay engaged with the lack of updates, but I wish you the best and congratulations.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yeah, I have had a couple talks with Thraxxis about just that and it was what helped in bringing me onboard. Honestly, I think my comment to Thraxxis was "You can make up for a multitude of issues by keeping the community updated and lines of discussions open and flowing" not that he didn't already know that of course, but having someone who focuses on that makes things better all around.

I'm sure I am gonna pay for that in the long run :D <chuckle>, but I am excited and eager to be here...