1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Predefined Creatures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Unoeye, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Unoeye

Unoeye New Member

I'm new to D20pro. Are there predefined creatures available? It appears that I have to create each and every creature I wish to place on a map. There are predefined items when I click on the item library, but no creatures.

Our DM is not particularly tech savvy and we plan to use D20pro as a battle map with FOW to begin with . I was able to figure out how to create a map from an existing PDF and add FOW info fairly quickly (the YouTube tutorial for this was very helpful). However, it seems that the DM would have to spend a lot of time entering creature/NPC information.

Ours is a Pathfinder campaign. Is there a set of preconfigured creature templates from the bestiaries to speed up the process?

Also we are going to be using Hero Lab. Can we import player character information from Hero Lab directly into D20pro?

2. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

If you go to the marketplace, you can purchase the Pathfinder Bestiary and import it into D20pro. You can get to the marketplace by launching the campaign as a judge, click the Downloads button and launch the Marketplace.

If you have Herolabs, you can add the creatures for an encounter using the encounter builder, use the custom output option to export the portfolio to be imported into herolabs.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know and I'll help you out as best I can.

-Car

3. Unoeye

Unoeye New Member

Thanks Car! I found the bestiary downloads as well as some of the other maps and such. I'll experiment with the Herolabs interface.

4. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

No problem, if you have any questions about Herolabs shoot me a message and I'll help you out.

-Car

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Great answers Caraldur. thank you for helping out :D