1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Players can't Edit their Character sheet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sasmira, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Sasmira

Sasmira New Member

Hello,

I don't know if it's me and I don't find the option, but my players can't absolutely edit their character sheet

they can't:
    - spend Gold
    - Edit spell list
    - add an item or magic item
    - update their character when they level up ...

Is it possible to add "Edit E", same option of Judge, for the players please ? because I think it's a lot of work for the judge, that we lose a lot of time per player and that we lose too much fluidity of game and above all, I have confidence in my players :)

Sorry again if my english sucks ... :cry:
    S.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Several people have responded to this subject about methods to do this under the current build frame.

please see -> these messages

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Summary:
    The current way d20Pro v3.x and before has been developed makes it read only from the player side, and no communication from Player client to GM server with any character updates. And to create this functionality in legacy would require many hours of programming which could be used for development on our d20Pro Unlimited platform. Thus, at this time, we are focusing this effort for d20Pro Unlimited with this feature.

In the meantime if your players wish to edit their character, have them open d20Pro as GM then they can edit their character then export as d20Pro creature and upload it to the GM (either directly or via d20Pro creature upload option). Remember you can have multiple instances of d20Pro.

Remember, only use the features that make game play and game administration fun and easy. I never keep track of gold owned in d20Pro in games I run (even though there is a field for gold), also I don't use items in the character sheet either... I let my players keep track of their own - just like in face-to-face sessions.

4. Sasmira

Sasmira New Member

Ok !

I understand and wait D20pro Unlimited :)

Thx for your answers ;)
    S.