1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Unlimited FOW/Lighting/Vision abilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lonewolf147, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Lonewolf147

Lonewolf147 Member

I'm excited to get Unlimited in order to utilize the lighting/vision engine that will be in it.

I'm wondering how flexible that engine will be, and if any modifications will be available.

What I'm looking at is the ability to modify how a token's vision works, or lighting sources work. Like, I could drop a 'globe of darkness' tile (or something) onto the map, and it will reduce light levels by 1 step within its boundaries. The same could go for fog, or mist, or other vision impairments. The ability to actually reduce a characters vision into a hindered area (not their entire vision, just that spot) would be a wonderful enhancement.

Are there plans already for something like this, or will the code allow for this to be done in the future?

Also, a question about vision. Are there going to be different types of vision available per token? So we can specify normal, darkvision, low-light, (and different distances) etc, and have the appropriate display effects? Will lighting work dynamically with vision? Just because there is a light source, the map shouldn't be revealed there unless there is a character there who can see it (perhaps this can be a toggled option for the GM?)

How about getting cheeky and saying if Darkvision is in effect, everything is actually displayed in black and white for that token? And how about other forms of 'sight' like tremor sense, or scent? Any way those can be incorporated too?

2. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Lonewolf147 ,

Excellent questions. We'll be ready to share full details about Shadowcasting's features with the world soon. :twisted: