1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Error attempting to import PCGEN character

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by BigDaddyGamer, Nov 19, 2015.

1. BigDaddyGamer

BigDaddyGamer New Member

I created a character in the latest PCGen version 60401. I used the MRSD Modern (Basic) to create the character.

Steps taken;
    1) After completion I exported the character and chose Standard as format and csheet_modern_rpgwebprofiler.xml as the template
    2) I started D20Pro in Judge mode, chose the Creature Library and selected Import->PCGen and pointed to the XML PCGen created

Received the following error:

This plugin is invalid. Please recompile it using the latest API and try again.
    Caused by: Unexpected exception
    Caused by: Unable to load Document from file: C:\Characters\Emelia Everheart.xml
    Caused by: http://www.rpgprofiler.net.

Help appreciated on this!

Note: I am willing to try out Hero Lab to create modern creatures, but didn't see an option for MRSD in Hero Lab. Krillion suggested I check on their site for possible additions. Anyone see one?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I've emailed the guys over at PCgen so hopefully we'll get an answer for you fairly soon.

3. nylanfs

nylanfs New Member

If I'm not mistaken I believe the importer was re-written in 2014 to use the "csheet_fantasy_generic_export". I am not sure if it was ever tested against a modern character.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Thank you for the response Paul...