1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Overlapping tokens and difficult terrain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken L, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Ken L

Ken L Member

If one token is above another (moving atop a corpse is a popular occurrence) Is there a way to control ordering in that layer? Perhaps I'd keep the 'corpse' on the floor as perhaps in 1d4 rounds he/she is rising as a zombie or in the player's case, he/she is down and is doing con saves.

In either case, in the event that I keep them on the turn order, when the downed creature's turn comes up, it will appear over the token which is standing over it.

Is there a way to manually move tokens/tiles to the foreground or background?

On the topic of difficult terrain (also involving corpses) is there a way to toggle squares as difficult terrain for the movement tracker to acknowledge in its calculations?

2. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

When a creature token appears on top of a player or creature token, I have found the easiest what to handle this is to click on the player's token in the roster and it will be moved to the top, so it can be selected. I hope that helps.

-Car

3. Ken L

Ken L Member

Sounds good, but does this push an update to the players?

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Nope, it has to be accounted for by the GM as the player moves. Yes, it would be a nice feature, then again it would also have the effect of restricting the engine to one specific d20 system rather than the intention of being able to use it fluidly for any d20 system that may or may not use a flavor of that mechanic..

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Whoever is up in initiative is shown on top. Thus, if there are multiple creatures sharing the same square whoever is active initiative turn will be shown on top. Another way is to view the "Roster" window and click on a creature... this will display that create on top for that user.

Some people mark their maps so players know how to calculate movement.
    [​IMG]
    http://forums.d20pro.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=143