1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

d20Pro 3.5.6 Mac: Integrated SRD scrolls to wrong place

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Gnorr, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Gnorr

Gnorr New Member

I have a strange effect when using the D20PFSRD in the integrated SRD viewer in Mac (OSX El Capitan). Specifically, when I click an ability, e.g., in a creature description, the correct spot is being displayed for half a second, but then the window scrolls down half a page (without user intervention), requiring me to manually scroll up to read the correct text.

Example: search for creature Tentamort (is displayed correctly, starting at top of pane), click `flat-footed', description of flat-footed is displayed correctly (starting at top of pane). Half a second later, the pane scrolls down, now displaying the sentence `Frightened is like shaken, except that the creature ...' at the top. In order to actually read the description of flat-footed, I have to manually scroll up.

If there is anything I can do to help with fixing this rather annoying bug of a great feature, please let me know!

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Have you tried using the newer build, 3.5.7?

3. Gnorr

Gnorr New Member

I did download the latest 3.5.7 distribution zip file for Mac. But the executable contained in that zip archive identifies itself as being version 3.5.6. I have no idea whether the Mac executable was not updated (and thus correctly remains at 3.5.6), or whether the distribution file has not been correctly packed with an actual version 3.5.7 executable.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I was finally able to reproduce this and will do some testing to see what's going on.

Thanks for reporting this Gnorr. :)

The About screen is sometimes overlooked when we're in a rush to get a fix published. The main thing to see what version you're running is upon D20PRO startup Live Screen and the Options > About section. Though, I'll make sure we update the plist for the next update - you can do it manually for v3.5.6.