1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Application crashing when connecting to server [Linux]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheYam, Feb 23, 2016.

1. TheYam

TheYam New Member

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble with the Linux version of D20Pro. I should mention that this is a brand new install, of the most recent release. And I'm new to the software.

I can open the software fine, but when I try to connect to my server it crashes. Attached is a copy of the screenshot of the error thrown. I have removed my external IP. I should also mention, that on the server side. I see the connection happen. It shows the client connecting, then immediately disconnecting.

I also went ahead and exported the code in the background, which I'm attaching as log.txt

My guess is that either, the amount of memory, version of Java or the OS is going to be the issue. I just need to figure out which one. The reason it could be the hardware or the OS. Is I'm running this on a Raspberry Pi, running Raspian. This is the device currently running my gaming table.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Ken L

Ken L Member

It's related to not having the right version of Java installed for the Javafx library. You'll need java 8 at the least from oracle.

Also d20pro is a big memory hog so you'll need to increase the default java XMX setting (see post in announcements, I'm on my phone atm) which reflects the maximum allocated memory It can use (1g should be high end of what the pi can handle).

I forget the memory in a Pi, I have a Pi Rev B board I run embedded linux on built via the Yocto project.

3. TheYam

TheYam New Member

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the info. I've set the memory limit, and I've installed the most recent version of Java.

But I think thats my issue. I read somewhere that Java no longer supports JavaFX in their arm builds.

I cross compiled the most recent version of java with an OpenFX build. But sadly no dice.

From the looks of it, I just don't think this is going to be possible :(

4. Ken L

Ken L Member