1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3,6,3 Wont Open Cmpaign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mhossom, May 21, 2016.

1. mhossom

mhossom New Member

While adding walls to an existing map things went a little weird. Drawn walls stopped appearing and I could not interact with the app at all. I decided to close D20PRO and restart. Now when I launch the app it allows me to select my campaign and then just sits that the "please wait" prompt and does not let me interact with the app at all. Any ideas?

2. mhossom

mhossom New Member

Updated info. I am able to open another campaign. I am now wondering of there is a way to open the problem campaign with out it loading any of the maps I had open. I would like to see if one of my maps is now corrupt. I would much rather recreate that one map than all of them. Yes, I do have a backup of my campaign from prior to the 3.6.3 upgrade.

Thanks,
    Mike

3. mhossom

mhossom New Member

Update #2. I renamed the gamestate.dat file and was able to open the campaign. It looks like I added too many wall segments for the system to handle. I changed how I was drawing the walls and it worked fine. Is there a system limit on the number of wall segments it can handle?

Btw, so far this new version is really cool. Can't wait to bust dynamic lighting out on my players. The are going to freak out.

Regards,
    Mike

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Could you please attach a copy of the log file in a reply so we can take a look at it..
    It could have been a Ram issue. (just guessing)

I've done some fairly complex maps including about half of one of 'The Worlds Largest Dungeon' maps.. So, I'd really be skeptical to say it was too many Wall segments. However, the log file should point us in the right direction as to what happened...

5. mhossom

mhossom New Member

I'd be happy to. I am running on Win7. What is the path/name of the file you want?

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

The file is d20pro.log and should be located in the installation directory for d20pro.
    c:\\<d20pro install dir>\d20pro\d20pro.log (example)

7. mhossom

mhossom New Member

I'm getting an error that the file is too large to upload. I can email it if you would like. My email address is mhossom_at_gmail_dot_com

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

yes could you please send it to d20pro_support@mesamundi.com

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

3.6.4 was soft launched earlier today -- official announcement should go out later today or tomorrow. I'm fairly certain that this issue is corrected in the new release.

However(!) it is very much advised to split up large areas into smaller ones whenever possible. The main reason for this is that it makes managing the spaces more interactive.

Another interesting point of note, you can combine edges and masks to create internal light blocking structures within one masked region. With 3.6.4 an Interactive, Locked Edge will not be be affected by toggle requests for visibility. Just keep in mind that you'll want to paint the edges first, as there is currently still no way to re-order the layers. In the next release, we'll likely see an Interactive, Locked Edge simply ignores click events rather than blocking them -- it's the little things ;)

- owlbear

10. mhossom

mhossom New Member

Thank you all for your quick assistance on this. When I get home today, I will try and redo that same map with the smaller wall segments and version 3.6.4 and see what happens. I will let you know how that works out.