1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Normals on 3.6.4, or my walls don't work!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffpalmer1976, May 27, 2016.

1. jeffpalmer1976

jeffpalmer1976 New Member

SO I set up a giant Rappan Athuk maze in the last beta or so, 3.6.1, I think and the shadowcasting worked really well. I set the normal and such and the walls and the masks worked, but... I went to triple check everything before my big game on Monday and it's gone to Hell!
    So now, roughly 7/8 of the walls let light through, while some still function.

I know it's hard to tell, but the wall on the right is still blocking lights while the one on the left is not doing anything!
    They look the same on the Games Tools list, so I'm not sure what's the difference.

I'm wondering if something happened to the "normals", but I no longer see the option to adjust them (or even see them!), so wasn't sure what to do. Appreciate the help (by the way the other small maze map I made tonight with the new beta 3.6.4 works great.)
    Jeff...

Attached Files:

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

have you tried removing and replacing one of the effected walls.. it is possible there is some issue between 3.6.1 and 3.6.4,,

could you export the map and attach it to a reply?

3. jeffpalmer1976

jeffpalmer1976 New Member

So I copied the map within D20Pro, using the option when you close a map, and for whatever reason it started working OK... So, completely not sure why it was not working last night and is fine now, nothing changed except I made copies of the maps, but the problem seemed to have worked it self out. Fingers crossed it'll stay happy!
    Jeff...