1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.6 possible bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Darkrin, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Darkrin

Darkrin Member

I have created a couple of maps and creatures in 3.6.6 none of which I can export. its not any of the protected content either. this is on windows 7 and the only error it gives is export has failed

I am going to move stuff to the cloud which will bypass this for me. I just thought you might want to know. working several hours on a map and not being able to use it on game night is frustrating

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Darkrin,

I tried to replicate this and could not. Can you provide the D20.log file so we can examine what might be causing this issue for you. Thanks.

Also, if you have multiple computers you are using to develop and run your games, you may want to use a cloud based service and use our campaign.override feature and point your campaign directory to the cloud on each device. This way you have one place for all your campaign data and you can access it from anywhere, no need to export/import. :) Though, we'll make sure your export feature works, as that is important too.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Darkrin, did you upgrade to 3.6.6 from a beta build?

I've seen this before and the solution is to open the map (if it's not already open), click the manual save button from the D20PRO menu (upper left corner)

upload_2016-7-31_18-45-0.png

Then close the map by clicking the little X next to the map name. THEN when you re-open it the load function will fix the maps data map (behind the scenes) and allow you to do whatever with it, export, save, etc.

If that is not working, there is a potential that you're map art is corrupted or encrypted. You can try to swap it out from the Draw Tools->Manage Tiles panel

upload_2016-7-31_18-49-37.png

Make sure you've saved a copy of your map before proceeding.

1. open the Draw Tools->Manage Tiles Panel.
    2. Note the w and h (width and height) values for your tile
    3. Locate the source file in your folder tree.
    4. On your map view, right click on the map background and select delete
    5. Click on the tile source image in the Manage Tile panel
    6. On your map view, hold down the control key and left click to place the tile.
    7. If the scale is odd, you can change the dots per inch (grid unit) and try again (drop down right above the layer section)
    8. To resize the tile, right click on it in the map view and select resize.
    9. enter in those w and h values from earlier and then drag the tile to where you want it (covering the whole map)
    10. Lock it down from the layers pane so it doesn't accidentally get moved if you use any other tiles for hidden things.
    11. let us know if any of these solutions helped!

4. Darkrin

Darkrin Member

I was just about to post the log when I refreshed and saw your reply Owlbear that did in fact fix the problem.

my map that was made at work wont export BUT we encrypt our computers at work and until I went through the process of putting stuff up on dropbox it was being encrypted im sure

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't know that your work encryption was the problem as much as our own. Between builds, we've had several data model changes which have caused this to our test groups -- so known issue, sort of?!

Great to have your maps back! Also a good trick to keep in mind if you have any lock outs in the future. The Mindgene folks built in a bunch of sanity checking code when a map is loaded. We've been doing the same to creatures and features lately as well!