1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Editable PCs

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by DMReckless, Aug 3, 2016.

1. DMReckless

DMReckless New Member

Good lords, but I am sick of having to approve changes to PCs. If I give ownership of a creature to a player, they should be able to update it without me needing to approve the changes. I can always audit things that seem wrong, but this is the only VTT format I know of where players can't edit their characters. Leveling up is a vast pain in the rear.

So please, something that will give true ownership of a PC to his/her player.

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

That thought just gives the control freak in me the willies. ;) But it's not a bad idea.

3. DMReckless

DMReckless New Member

Heh. I was just reading someone's post who had the same issue as me with the situation as it stands.

My suggestion (repeated from that thread):

Create a "I trust my players to control their own sheet." checkbox.

If this checkbox is enabled, players may edit any sheets they have ownership of.

The GM can then choose whether or not to give up control in general, and then limit it to specific tokens the PC owns(which is also completely under GM control).

Tay-Dor likes this.
  4. Ken L

Ken L Member

I agree that an option to allow unrestricted edits would be welcome. If my players are inclined to cheat, they can remember that I hold their fate in my hands. :)