1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Traits aren't kept when the player updates their character

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Remaker, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Remaker

Remaker Member

There isn't even a traits section on the DM approval screen. Any changes the player makes get lost.

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Its just a place holder for now until the 5e API is implemented, I believe.

3. Remaker

Remaker Member

Understood, thanks for the reply. It should really be earmarked or something, because there is no obvious indication that the feature doesn't work, and one of my players lost a half hour of work carefully cataloguing his miscellaneous racial and class powers only to discover that it didn't get saved.

And before someone chimes in that he can save it if he logs in as a judge, we know that , that is not the issue. The issue is that users will make the common sense assumption that since players can alter their traits, and that players can also submit changes to approval by the DM, that trait changes can be accepted by the DM. Which they can't. And there's no reasonable indication that this is the case. It makes me nervous to use any of the new features, because maybe those don't get saved either, and all the work will be lost.

4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

If I recall, they mentioned it was a placeholder when they announced the last big update. Of course, I can't find that comment now. Documentation has been one of their weaknesses.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Good catch! sorry about that, traits are a definite work in progress. We got side tracked with some bug fixes and core updates which meant the completed work on traits hasn't been released yet. soon though!