1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Official Paizo on d20Pro!!!

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by ogexam, Dec 24, 2016.

1. ogexam

ogexam Member

Great great news on d20Pro and Paizo getting Pathfinder content!

I am looking forward to hearing how this will work and a schedule of releases.

Will the content be sold through d20Pro, on Paizo or a combination of the two?

Any possible schedule of releases?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Yeah we are pretty excited about it.
    The material will be through our marketplace as far as I know.
    No definitive schedule at this time. I'll announce it once we have a more solid timeline.

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

This is really exciting news.

Let me know if I can be of help

edwardcd likes this.
  4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

The content will initially be available through our marketplace. Eventually Paizo will be releasing a library sync API which will allow PDF sales made through us sync with your Paizo library as well as the otherway around. Eventually Paizo will also be able to sell our content directly through Paizo's store as well, so win-win.

We're planning to start with an updated Bestiary and Core rule books while we work with Paizo on sorting out adventure paths and such. The content team is meeting tomorrow to discuss specifics. As soon as we have a definitive plan, we'll start publishing that schedule to the Announcements section here as well as to the blog at d20pro.com/news

By the way, we're really excited about this too!

There's a bunch of rules updates and work we're doing in D20PRO right now that will result in some pretty awesome content being released soon!

vanith, Seeker and Bloodwolf like this.
  5. Galymyr

Galymyr New Member

Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!! I'll be purchasing a GM license within the hour. I'd do it this second but I'm downstairs with a baby on my lap and my wallet is upstairs. I'm pretty lazy; which is also while I will send ridiculous amounts of money to you for pre-prepared adventures :D Thank you for doing this!!!

6. Genbok

Genbok New Member

We have any idea when content is going to start coming to d20pro?

7. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I'm sure they are working on it now....as quickly as they can.

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

we are yes, we have a few items that are very close to being put in the marketplace.. we also have to do some testing for paizo specific things for legal reasons.. we hitting keys as fast as we can.

9. Genbok

Genbok New Member

Oh yeah I believe they are working on it as fast as possible. Was just wondering if there was a time frame we can expect!

And thanks for the response Krilion! I'm looking forward to the new content! Testing is always good.

10. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

We sure are. In addition, check out the networking update post I'm about to toss into the wild (in about 10 - 15 minutes!)

muhahah

11. Blueter

Blueter Member

I was wondering if we could get an update as to when official content is estimated to be released.

12. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

No official dates yet, there is some technical work going on behind the DM screen so that Paizo and our stores both know and track what you purchase. This is taking a bit to get the kinks worked out between the different commerce systems.

Lonewolf147 likes this.
  13. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm talking to Paizo about pricing. As we sort out how much this stuff should run for in a fair and equitable way, we'll have launch dates. Apparently we're not the only recent licensee facing this issue at the moment.

Lonewolf147 likes this.
  14. wigwam

wigwam New Member

Looking forward to this. PFRPG is my RPG of choice ... been playing for years. Hope it's not stupidly expensive like the HL packages. (Sorry HL) :(

15. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

It's been over 3 months now, is there any hint at when they'll be rolling this out? Has it hit a snag?
    Has it been .. cancelled?

16. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

hasn't been canceled. There are snags which are being ironed out with Paizo -- has to do with pricing (coming at us) and what we're allowed to offer without being 100% integrated into the system which there wasn't even a spec for until mid Jan...

We've got content banked at this point :/

17. djc664

djc664 Member

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that statement! "Oh, you will need to integrate with this system. It's not ready and has no documentation available. You can speak to our senior dev, though!"

I wish you luck. :)

18. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

It's been a while since you were harassed. Are you guys any closer to striking terms with Paizo?
    It might be time to update your banner on your webpage.

It's almost been 5 months now. You're playing very fast and loose with the term 'soon'.

19. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

There is nothing slower than twp legal departments :)
    The world stops when there is an disagreement over where a . (period) goes/

20. kinwolf

kinwolf Member

Yeah, the legal agreement will probably have more pages than the core rulebook of Pathfinder.

mrwinfree and Tay-Dor like this.