1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

How do you toggle fog of war?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remaker, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Remaker

Remaker Member

Been using this program for years, so I feel really stupid asking this, but how do you toggle FoW? I don't remember it ever being hard, there was just some toggle I hit. There also used to be this feature where players entering a fogged region would bring a window to toggle the fog off for that region.

None of those work anymore. I can enter toggle mode all I want, but clicking on the regions does nothing. Players entering the regions does nothing (and yes, I do have the option FoW reacts to players set to on).

The only way I can reveal shrouded regions is by deleting the FoW altogether, which is terrible. What on earth am I doing wrong?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

If the region is set to interactive, then a player or token needs a light. otherwise, set the region to passive, and no lights are required. in either case toggling show/hide works the same way based on the interactive or passive state of the region.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Remaker,

No reason to feel bad. There's an issue I'm resolving which sets legacy FoW objects to walls rather than masks. Basically you just need to open up your map, pop into the Fog of War section in Game Tools, select Manipulate and select all the regions (click on one then press ctrl+a). With them all selected, use the quick buttons along the top of the Game Tools to change them all over to Masks.

Or set them to Passive -- this will restore the old functionality from before the Fog of War/Shadowcasting update.

4. Remaker

Remaker Member

The passive thing sounds good. But, how do I do that? There isn't a "Passive" button I can push anywhere. The two most promising options, Edit, and Visibility, do nothing when I use their hotkeys, and I can't find any documentation on these menus.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Select them all on the list in the Game Tools->Draw screen and click on Passive button in the menu.

drawtools.jpg

6. timjthomas

timjthomas New Member

I had to turn everything to passive for it to work. Thanks!