1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Creature duplication bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Tay-Dor, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Something I've been seeing lately where I duplicate a creature I have on a map and the duplicate looks fine until I open the edit sheet and see the sheet of a completely different creature.

Here's an example. Today I am populating a map I made this week with the current build of d20Pro (its not a legacy map). I placed one umber hulk and made three duplicates.
    umber1.png

That top one was the last duplicate. While the others are normal, when I open the edit sheet of the last duplicate, I see the following.
    umber2.png

I don't have a Wyvern anywhere on this map. On a hunch, I checked my ready room map (where I store some pre-generated random encounters) and found one of the Wyvern's there appeared to be selected.
    umber 3.png

When I deleted the duplicate Umber Hulk from the first map, it also deleted the Wyvern from my ready room. I made a new duplicate Umber Hulk and it seems to be working fine.

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Here's today's log file.

Attached Files:

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

the duplication I was doing was on a completely new (one week old) map, but I'll check the creatures in my ready room.

All creatures on the other map that was open had 3 digit UIDs.

#4 Tay-Dor, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  5. cranerat

cranerat Member

I am also having many problems with duplicating and "Entering/Removing from Initiative". I am constantly trying to regenerate the UID's of creatures to fix this bug but most of the time it isn't working to enable control of the creatures. I have tried numerous times with a creature and usually need to delete the creature and then re-add. This has just started happening in the last couple of months so I have no idea when the patch or code change was, but it is causing me to loose much game play time resetting creatures when I cannot remove them from initiative. A am also having the problem when duplicating creatures two things are happening; 1. Not all the creatures (if any) get duplicated when duplicating groups. 2. Cannot remove creatures from initiative. Usually have to delete and re-add the creature which then will display the same inability to remove from initiative later.

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

noted and added to the internal, pre beta release bucket. Will report in what we find!

Tay-Dor likes this.
  7. cranerat

cranerat Member

Thanks Owlbear. That's what I like about anyone who has run D20 Pro. You listen and respond. Thanks!

Tay-Dor likes this.
  8. Climp

Climp New Member

I have creatures who are stuck in initiative they will not leave via ALT+i or right click and hitting i. toggling initiative via the menu does nothing. nor can i move them over via the roster. I am running the newest version 3.7.5 and just did wipe of the entire system since its been 2 years and some legacy items were not meshing well with new updates. I have MM and PHB for 5E installed. wondering if this is still on the chopping block in terms of fixes or if there is one without deleting and replacing the NPC's

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Climp, I think Kril is answering you on Facebook about this too, but the bug is actually a hold-over from the previous versions. Once you clean up the passive list so these "duds" are gone they should not come back.

The quickest way to clean it up if all of your passive creatures are unnecessary is to right click on one of 'em and use delete all passives.

However, this will remove all passive creatures across all open maps!! So don't do this unless you're passive is is really only full of these unclickable clones.

Instead you can click down the list and if you get an "*" next to the name, then that critter is fine and move on. If no "*" appears then this creature is borked (official term) and you can just right click to delete 'em.

Again, once cleaned up you should be golden and not have to deal with this issue ever, ever, ever again.

Sorry for the initial bug as well!

10. Climp

Climp New Member

thats the thing there were no hold overs from previous versions i did a fresh install and wipe and a new campaign. the passive thing i didn't know about so that did help it so thanks. side odd ball question is there a way to give a creature advantage on initiative?

11. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Advantage on init is trickier. Partly because there's no way to show you that we did that for ya behind the scenes. The Init UI needs a refresh so it can supply things like that as game specific visual feedback. I'll look into how to provide a roll feedback for the AD selection on initiative.

that being said, a player who has advantage via the main UI toggle should autoroll with A/D taking the higher of the two values when a D20 is rolled behind the scenes for anything -- skill, init, etc.

Attacks are the only place that's not implemented by default as we provide both rolls by overriding the attack/confirm crit UI from pathfinder/3.5

12. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Usually, I have my players that have Adv on init, roll in the core dice as I am initializing init / combat mode.
    You could also set this up as a Skill, which might be easier for some folks.
    I can then set their proper init number prior to sending the party fully into the initiative (comparing what they rolled via dice and then against the pre-combat mode init board presented.