1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

A Time of War: Battletech

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Blind2karma, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

A Time of War: Battletech RPG
    Anyone running anything like this on d20pro?
    I saw some discussions awhile back regarding the lack of Hex grids at the time and some difficulty with elevations, has this improved?

Is World Engine the solution to the Hex grids?
    How about the Features Library coming out soon and all the new things it will allow us to do, will that help?

Now that Interstellar Operations has FINALLY been released, I have grand plans to run a Battletech campaign that operates at every game scale supported including the RPG level. This is a dream I've had for twenty years so I can be patient if things still aren't quite ready, but I'd like to know if we're getting close:)

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I believe the answer you'd get is "Eventually." I don't think it'll happen with the feature library. it sounds like the map is a separate part of the project (from things I've read in the past).

3. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

@Tay-Dor I can live with "Eventually" you gotta have something to look forward to right!
    An I guess at the moment anyway I'd rather have a focused d20pro, one who's lord and master of it's homeland realms vs. a jack of many, the wandering crusader who eventually gets eaten by a dragon;)

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

"Eventually" is correct as @Tay-Dor indicates, the map is a separate part of the project -- there is a chance the World Engine will provide some rapid solution bits to get our grid space opened up earlier, however, we have an alternate, native solution as well so this isn't strictly necessary or dependant.

Also, i'd play in a game like that!!

5. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

@owlbear Good to hear you agree, many of my own projects have this same deadline. Regarding "eventually", it isn't necessarily the when that's important, but rather the commitment to an achievement. Having witnessed first hand your commitment to this forum and all your work on d20pro thus far, I have no doubt you'll achieve your goal. Which means I better get busy working on my EPIC BATTLETECH CAMPAIGN!!!

And when it launches, you definitely have a ticket on a first wave Jumpship if you want to come along:)

Tay-Dor likes this.
  6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member