1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Imported Characters' Stats Resetting to 10

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by AEIOU, Dec 31, 2016.

1. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

Will there be support for import from HeroLab? I didn't see the option to export a 5e d20pro file and was hoping I was just missing a setting.

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

There should be support. I need to reinstall hero lab as I had a system crash a bit ago. I'll post again after testing.

As to specific import of a Hero Lab 5e export -- in the works is the right answer. Our official 5e support isn't really live yet. Full support will be coming on line in January/February 2017.

3. Jobsays

Jobsays New Member

February came and went in a hurry. 5e gamer here and big fan of HL+d20Pro integration... Any update on ETA for ability to import 5e HL portfolios? Please and thanks.

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

working on it. all the 5e stuff uses HL's new XML format. This is all new tho and still being fixed up proper like.

This also got delayed with the feature library as we're pretty much deprecating feats and special abilities and moving all things to traits -- sortable and tab-able.

5. BlueTressym

BlueTressym New Member

Hi. I have been using the 'Import from HeroLab' option for creating characters in D20Pro, in fact, I decided to give it a trial mostly for that. However, whenever I use the process, the character arrives with all their stats set at 10. Yes, I can change them, but it is annoying and I have no idea why it is happening.

I have tried several times with difficult characters and every one has given the same result.
    I am using Windows 10
    D20Pro version is 3.7.1
    This is happening with the Pathfinder ruleset

Please see attached log and screenshots.

Is there something I'm missing? I've only had D20Pro for about a day...

EDIT: Also, on further inspection, there is nothing listed in 'Traits' - I am not entirely sure what Should be there - and all of the character's abilities are listed in 'Notes'. There's no 'Description' either. Is this correct?

Attached Files:

#5 BlueTressym, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The Hero Lab importing is usually a little behind when we do a release or when HL changes their format. It's due to be updated here shortly, I think off the top of my head, some of this as already been addressed in one of the Betas. The current Beta is 3.1.7.9 .. Please understand this is no small task getting two different applications that speak dif languages to get along with one another.

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

8. thorimar

thorimar New Member

Still broken?? So sad...

9. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

For my purposes, there isn't a massive amount to edit once a HL portfolio has been imported.

The stats are all 10s, but once that has been edited, saving throws are pretty close.
    Any of the feats, for +2 to a saving throw have to be added manually.

Attacks are often off by -3 to +3, but that's easy to edit as well.
    Damage Reduction comes through fine, but any other resistances do not transfer.
    Our group is primarily using the VTT for display purposes, so when something is hit, I'm using "D" for damage and we need to calculate resistances or DR manually.

Overall, pretty easy to edit the import for our purposes.
    If our group was not playing face-to-face, editing additional features currently beyond my understanding of the VTT would be essential.

10. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

It's been several months now so checking in again. Any progress? Thank you.

11. firebringer

firebringer Member

Has there been any progress on this? My group is sticking with vers 3.4.5 until the HL importer goes live...

12. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Personally, I wouldn't allow HL to hold me back from the new features in versions greater than 3.4.5 ..
    HL is nice, but I would not handicap my game on it.

upload_2017-11-4_2-4-28.png