1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Better GIF Animation support

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cyderak, Mar 19, 2017.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

Hey guys,

I know I have posted something similar in another thread but I would like to formally put in my request for:

-- Better .GIF Animation support.

-- An extra button that is linked to a library where GIF animations could be stored with preview images.

I know you can add them with the "Markers" tool but it is just too time consuming and for some reason some of the GIF animations don't work correctly. But if this issue was solved and a library of GIF animations was provided, I could use a lot of my old Baldurs Gate GIF animations for ongoing spell effects and animated objects.

Let me know what you think.

2. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

I was just commenting on your post about the spell templates and I was pretty much asking for the same thing. I even mentioned that I should probably come here and suggest it as a feature. I see you already had it in hand, awesome.

Whatever the case I agree I'd love greater animation support.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

like minds and all that.

A better managed "art library" tool is in the works. We've been doing work with integrating a native, headless chromium system so we can use standard web-tech to render previews of content and what not.

There's a lot to do to make this feature a reality but it's definitely on the roadmap.

4. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

@owlbear - It's great to hear you're already working on it, with so many toys and surprises coming our way it's starting to feel like Christmas around here. Anyway thanks for taking time out of your busy toy making schedule to give us this update, now hurry back , I'm terrible at waiting I wanna open my presents now:(

5. cyderak

cyderak Member