1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Map Links

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Bloodwolf, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

With the creation of World Engine and some other stuff I had an idea for a new feature. And to be honest there may be something like this that I'm just no familiar with but here goes.

With creating huge maps or even with linked maps I would like to be able to create an invisible to the players area on maps that would link to another map. So basically when the link is activated any tokens inside that particular area would moved to the corresponding map link. So when the players got to the edge of the current map, or go up or down the stairs, then hit the link and they automatically get moved to the linked map in the same locations. So yes both links would have to be the same size but that should be expected. Just a thought.

Hopefully I explained that well enough.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

There is conversation on the dev team about doing things just like that. markers that act like Neverwinternights portals. it'll be a thing, do not know when it will be a thing.. but they seemed very excited about the idea.

Lonewolf147 and Bloodwolf like this.
  3. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Kind of a follow up. Has any thought been put into when a party splits and end up on two different maps? I know nightmare scenario but it happens.

Basically can you have two maps active at the same time?

4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Yes.
    You can switch back and forth between maps.

5. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

I guess what I was very poorly wondering is what do the players not on the current map see when dealing with the split group? My group plays around a single table with me running two accounts so I was curious.

6. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Remote viewers see nothing, if you are using shadowcasting and lights, unless there are public lights on the second map.

Bloodwolf likes this.