1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

3.6.11.12 (beta) - feature library

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gekko, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Gekko

Gekko New Member

Really don't know where to post. As a normal kickstarter backer I have access to the 3.6.11.12 (beta).

I was eager to test the feature library but without success.

I tried to build up a fireball spell as described here:
    http://d20pro.com/release-notes/feature-library/#tutorial-1-lets-make-a-fireball

First I have to admit it seems to work but when I try to test it and place the burst-template in the decision tab, no targets are selected.

I tried deleting the Map Template node hoping I can select the targets by hand but without effect. No burst template, but also no chance to select targets.

Additionally, I tried to reproduce the necrotic trap from Kickstarter Update Nr. 56. This seems to work partially. Not all squares in the burst template trigger the effect.

I can't roll skill check via the skill menu (k). Only from character sheet (e).

When I try to use abilities no decision window opens.

Attacks, saves and status symbols work.

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

There have been some bugs found that they are working on. The targeting bug you described has been fixed for the next build.

Skills and abilities need to be done from the character sheet. From what Owlbear said it has to do with the changes to the UI in preparation for whats comming.

Gekko likes this.
  3. cyderak

cyderak Member

So.....whats coming?

4. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

The UI changes are for the full integration of traits, features, items, etc.

5. cyderak

cyderak Member

Cool......I always said their User Interface was kind of blah.

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I full on face lift and UI rebuild is on the slate and in line to be done. However, they want to ensure the foundation is stable and in good working order prior to starting to make things 'pretty'..

We'd welcome suggestions and things you'd like to see so that we can have a well rounded well of community thoughts on the new look and design.

#6 Wesley Gorby, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Tay-Dor likes this.
  7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

yeah, full UI facelift is on the table but with only two devs, we're limited in what we can tackle.

The feature library is nearly ready for another push. should have a new build posted tonight or tomorrow.

There's also two super secret -- wait if I mention them are the still secret? -- builds in the Beta_Builds directory. 3.6.11.13 and 3.6.11.14

We're cleaning up a few things for .15 and then will post with a KS update.

8. cyderak

cyderak Member

A couple suggestions I would have would be...........

** Very simple descriptions of what a certain features' button opens up. Example...... Instead of assets, use a word like objects or items. Not to say you guys already dont use word like these, but to clean up the ones that could be confused by new users.

** Bigger UI buttons so as to not accidentally click on the wrong one. So instead of a 1/4" x 3/8" button, make them 1" x 1" or 1/4" x 2" .......something easily clicked because stuff like that speeds up the ease of use.

** After all of the softwares' features are solid an un-buggified making the UI look pretty (Aesthetically pleasing) and arranged simply.

.......just some suggestions.

Here are some cool icons:

[​IMG]

Here is a cool User interface arrangement
    [​IMG]

Some cool buttons.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lonewolf147 likes this.