1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

ARCKnight Spell Effect Templates

Discussion in 'Marketplace Content' started by cyderak, Mar 19, 2017.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

2. Blind2karma

Blind2karma New Member

I agree this would be a nice upgrade to the current spell templates. I'm sure you could make your own templates like these probably as markers but you'd have to scale them to the proper size manually to match each spell cast. Certainly it would be easier if they were part of the template tool.

I have to mention that roll20 has a tool that creates animated effects for beam, cone, radius, ray and you also choose the type of effect such as fire, acid, cold, blood, etc. It doesn't lay down a template but it is directional and has adjustable dimensions. I really liked it and used it for all kinds of stuff, I guess I'm kinda wondering why d20pro doesn't have or couldn't have something similar or even better?

Maybe I'll ask in the requested features section.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey you two! Humorously these templates are actually what turned me onto ArcKnight in the first place. I don't know why we don't have them yet... will poke and see :)

[email sent to ArcKnight -- impatiently awaiting a reply!]

Lonewolf147 likes this.
  4. cyderak

cyderak Member

Cool. Freebies accepted for feature suggestions. :)

5. cyderak

cyderak Member

No, but seriously...... Is it possible to integrate those templates into D20Pro?

6. cyderak

cyderak Member

7. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I have not heard anything on this as of yet, however, they have been very occupied with the new build as well as the WE kickstarter.

8. cedarwolf

cedarwolf New Member

Lovely set of tools, but a bit pricey. Now I have to go look up some things in my graphics packages. Thanks for the tip about the vendor, however. I'll be revisiting that site again

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

last I heard from ArcKnight was that these are still TBD for a digital version.

That being said, we'll be working on vector based templates after we launch the feature/rules stuff coming up. So... they might become moot.

10. cedarwolf

cedarwolf New Member

Thanks for the fast response. Toss me into the pile for those who want to know when the next version is ready. Every day I learn something new about VTT from you geniuses that create them.