1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Lighting Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dalatwest, Apr 22, 2017.

1. dalatwest

dalatwest New Member

How do you typically handle ambient light in a building or dungeon? Do you place light sources all over the place?

Ron

2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I only do lights for the PCs. I don't want to think about how laggy it would get with ambient light sources. Besides, public lights (like ambient light sources would be) can be seen by anyone no matter where they are on the map (if that region has been revealed).

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

agreed, I rarely do lights other than those for the players. sometimes I'll do one for a camp fire or the like.. but not as a general rule..

4. Blueter

Blueter Member

ok lightning. I thought I had this working but appears that I don't. If a PC is carrying a torch I have to have the light set to public so others around him can see that aren't carrying a light but it seems that when someone is not in the room they can also see that light but and its a big but! I just like saying butt Uh huh huh. For reals though if I turn off public anyone the guy holding the torch see's it. If I turn off visible it leaves everyone standing in the dark. If I turn the player to dynamic it makes so they don't see the player but the light ring is still there. Lets see what else oh also when I move players from map to map the dynamic setting makes so they aren't seeing each other or the pre placed token I have on the map. Any suggestions?

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Make sure the Mask you have over the region is set to both 'Interactive' and visible. Lights on PCs should be visible unless it a alternate form of vision such as dakvision, in which case you would set the light as 'private'.