1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Id copyrighted or lock material

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by KainPen, May 17, 2017.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

I ran into this today, Some asked me if I can share my Maps for way of the wicked game I was running. I went to start exporting maps. Realized 3/4 of my maps are all locked from exporting. I went into them and it is almost impossible to figure what object is locking the content. So I can just remove that object from the map then export it and share. Sometimes it is a token, sometimes it creature, sometimes it is the map it self.

I am not sure if it is supposed to work this way, but in this example. I have a map I made my self, it is showing locked. It has 1 creature, a special version of a hydra. I took the locked standard version of the hydra. Changed the token, and it has been edit to this new version, attack changed, abilities added, txt and feats changed. hit dice where changed, AB scores changed. yet the map is still locked. I even tried saving creature as new type of creature. it is showing locked. Should it still be locked after all those changes?

I think we should add away for a person id the locked content so they can remove said content and export the map. Then we can just let the person know hey you need to manual build creature X

Another option could be to allow the maps to still be exported but when the person goes to import the map. they get a notice, That says "this map has content from market place. This content will be locked. Do you still want to open the map?" Then all the content that is locked can be deleted by the person that imported the map. You could also give them an option click on the content that is locked and it open up the market place to the content that have to buy to unlock it.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi @KainPen -

Yes, that's exactly the way marketplace elements work, as that's the way we marketed our encryption to our vendors. Perhaps modifying it where sharing will prompt the new user with a purchase option to display would be a win-win solution or the locked marketplace items would be deleted otherwise.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

T (@owlbear) has talked about such things in the past with the group (team). we'll likely see such a move once we get the new Marketplace.

@KainPen yes, Curtis is spot on here. This protects marketplace assets and IP.

So, it won't be this way forever, it's just the way things are now. You'll see some of the options you suggest in the future.

4. KainPen

KainPen Member

Good to know. I have not had to share maps in forever, so I have not even noticed, until now. Some of my maps had so many monsters on it, there was just no quick way of figuring out what creature causing the lock out.