1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spellcasting problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by coronasunflare, Jul 15, 2017.

1. coronasunflare

coronasunflare New Member

good morning,

I did some more playing around and found an issue that may need addressed. i was importing old characters to the new version, and I noticed spellcasting appears broken for my oracle and cleric. i played around in the classes and managed to get oracle able to cast spells again, but for some reason oracle and cleric (possibly more classes) are not actually running out of spells memorized.

I'd be happy to provide more specific information, I'm just not sure what you all need.

attached is the copy of my classes text file.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. coronasunflare

any idea why casing isn't using up the spell memorized for the day? Only seems to affect cleric and oracle. (Haven't checked druid.)

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

looking over the entry for oracle, nothing is leaping out as wrong.

other than
    Known1=4|2
    Known2=5|1

should most likely read
    Known1=4|2
    Known2=5|2

I'll dig a bit further

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello @coronasunflare !

Could you please take a screenshot of the Decision window with a spell casting information on it... I have a feeling that the "Cost" is equal to 0, which means it does not deduct it from the spell pool.

Note: an associated spell will need to be listed in the rules library with a cost for automatically deducting spells. Alternatively, you can alter this by clicking on the cost, and manually editing it to 1.

5. coronasunflare

Quick update, i played around with this more, and figured out that the only characters having problems were imported from a previous version.

After making new ones from scratch they work correctly.

New issue was discovered though, now in having trouble getting class abilities like channel energy to work correctly.
    When i open a new token for editing they did not have an abilities tab. I was able to double click on them and open an ability window that I could add things to, but they do not seem to function. Ill post screens of this when I am back at my computer tonight.

Thanks all for the info and help