1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Healing dice bug?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Ivangosh, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Ivangosh

Ivangosh New Member

I have set up a character with the channel positive energy ability with the effect of 1d6 healing under the HP tab. When used the result is always coming up 0.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

hello Ivangosh,

We're gonna need a bit more to go on than that.. Could you please post some screen caps of the elements your talking about?

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello @Ivangosh !

Most likely you are in a result field, instead of a dice field..Thus, we need to add "dice()" to that field... So your field should be "dice(1d6)" then of course use multiply so it can add dice for the appropriate levels.

4. coronasunflare

coronasunflare New Member

Perhaps I am misunderstanding where channel should be built in the new version, I am having the same issue as Ivangosh, channel energy says 1d6 healing and applies 0 hp.

I am building the ability in the ability tab of a characters mini window and it has the old interface. is there somewhere else to build abilities to get them to use the new flow system? if so where and how do you use these in game?

(also the ability window (hotkey B) only shows the last ability of each frequency type, listed alphabetically)

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

could you post some screen shot to better illustrate what you mean?
    you add and edit feature via the Rules Library -> Features

upload_2017-7-21_21-59-56.png

upload_2017-7-21_22-0-34.png

a cure effect looks like so.

upload_2017-7-21_22-1-49.png

6. coronasunflare

coronasunflare New Member

that clears up a fair bit of my issues with abilities, however I'm still having issues getting channel energy to function correctly. it should be valued at 1d6 healing every odd level of cleric.
    when I apply this I get 0 healing on my characters, I want it to pull the level of the ability from the total cleric levels of the caster, then apply an additional 1d6 for every odd level.

Attached Files:

7. vanith

vanith Member

I know when I used the old ability tab to use the spell effects from the old system, it comes up with 0. I know this is not the intended new system, but I discovered the same kind of effect when attempting to replicate it with the old way.

Attached Files:

8. vanith

vanith Member

I tried to recreate it and got a `Unexpected exception during commit' error when trying to select a person then OK. I can't clear the decision screen because I can't X out of it.

Attached Files: