1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Using the new spell library

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krypto, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Krypto

Krypto New Member

Ok, pretty basic question here: I've opened up the spells library and added myself a new cure light wounds spell. How do I actually use it in a game? If I add cure light wounds as a spell for a PC, when they try to cast it, the familiar casting dialog pops up, but the effect is "inert", and if I click that, I get what looks like the basic spell template flow. I don't see any way to load my previously saved spell, nor to just have the PC's cure light wounds activate that spell without any intervention from me.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious...

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

The spell has to be added to the class, in classes.txt, or cast from the freeform list by adding the spell to spells.txt

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

If the spell is in the classes text, the name on the flow needs to match what is in the classes text.

4. Krypto

Krypto New Member

Ok, got it working. Thanks.

I assume that at some point in the near future the new spell system will be integrated fully into the game so that I and my players don't have to create each spell by hand? We're using Pathfinder rules, if that makes any difference.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

There will be rulesets available for purchase, so you do not have to build everything yourself. We don't currently have a release date for those at this time.

#5 Wesley Gorby, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    jeffpalmer1976 likes this.