1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Subdividing grid on completed map?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vehril, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Vehril

Vehril New Member

First of all, I'd like to applaud the developers of d20Pro. I've been using the software for several months in a 3.5 campaign that is many years old. I built a large gaming table with an integrated 55" TV as the playing surface and both the players and I love it. Good times.

However, I ran into an issue this weekend at the end of our session. I realized that I had completed all the regions, masks, walls, doors, and notes on a map to the grid supplied, but I hadn't realized that the grid was 10' x 10' in the source. Erk.

Is there any way to just subdivide the grid to twice as many squares without disturbing all the regions, notes, etc?

If not, do people have any tips to either fix it without starting over, or make it work well as is.

Thanks, everyone.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

If you mean as to retain your current work within D20PRO (drawn walls and the like), I don't know of any way to do it.

You can modify the XY of the map in the map properties and double it for instance to get your change of 10ft squares to 5ft squares, but that won't preserve your works on walls and masks.

3. Vehril

Vehril New Member

I was worried that would be the answer. Oh well.

It's not an absurd amount of work to fix it. I'll just dive in and do it.

As a side note, is there a place to indicate scale to the program, so when you create a 60'/120' light, for instance, it will be the correct number of grid units? I haven't been able to locate something like that.

Thanks!

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

when you add light to a token (right click menu), just half the norm. so in your case, rather than selecting 60/120, you'd pick 30/60.. or if you're in Draw Tools -> Lights, you can manually set the radius in squares.