1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Combat table and initiative

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Wheels, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Wheels

Wheels Member

Just wanted to make some suggestions to d20pro.

1. Right now, we use the roster to check what monsters are active, and when we start combat, those active in the roster get pulled in. My suggestion is add a combat table like the one in the attachment. As you can see in the image, the DM has access to allot information that is really easy to see. Adding links to roll skills, attacks would make it even better.
    2. this is a small thing and should be to difficult to do. It's about initiative.
      1. Add an option to re-roll initiative on every round. This would allow initiative a little more dynamic without complicating things allot.
      2. Implement initiative showed in UA (http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf). This is a little more complex but adds allot of drama and tactics to D&D. This could be done by having a combat table (like the suggestion above) and adding dice to the initiative pool of each player and have a button to roll initiative for everyone. So for example, add d6+d8 to player 1 and 2 (movement + attack), add d10 to player 3 (casting a spell) and then DM adds the die for monster actions. Press roll initiative and everything gets sorted.

for now this it it

Edit: elaborated a little more on the ideas :)

Attached Files:

#1 Wheels, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  2. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

You can already do this by hitting the initiative button to reroll.

3. Wheels

Wheels Member

Where is that button? I cant seem to find it

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

when you hit the initiative button (crossed swords) a dialog asks if you want to exit combat or reroll and reorder initiative.

upload_2017-8-8_21-38-54.png

#4 Wesley Gorby, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  5. Wheels

Wheels Member

sorry but that button does not re-roll initiative. It only allows the DM to manually change the players initiative. What I mean with 1st suggestion is an option to automatically re-roll for everyone involved in current combat

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Not exactly, no.. but it does allow you to have your players roll, then as GM you can reorder Init as needed without loosing your Round count.

7. Wheels

Wheels Member

yea..but that is allot of work every round. That's why my suggestion :)

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

then just end and restart combat and you are good to go :)
    it's only one additional click.

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Heh. a good suggestion. Revamping the UI on the Init is definitely in the plans, I'll admit my first, gut reaction to the screenshot was, uh, no. but we can meet half way or build out a more user friendly UI to accomplish the same thing.

Give us a few when we get back from the show to finish some "must complete" tasks then we'll jump into the UI updates.

10. Wheels

Wheels Member

I only now saw your response ^^

well the idea was not to make a grid that complicated. The screenshot was only a visual to what I was trying to convey. The feeling i have right now of the roster is a big mess if I have a lot of monsters in a map. I tend to prepare all my maps and include the monsters ahead of time and its really difficult to manage them.