1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Traits do not save in 3.7.1.4

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by KainPen, Aug 15, 2017.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, since I am still trying to figure out the whole new traits, and rules library system. Version is 3.7.1.4
    I am trying to create a creature to represent some Explosion as hazard in an area. So I created a creature. edited the picture, to what I want it to look like. I went to traits, went to create the trait, by clicked add. I had no traits listed as options. I then i pressed add new. Window pops up new trait where I can fill out the source info. I fill out that out. Press ok. The trait is showing up as I named as list of options. I then click apply to save the changes to the creature. I open the creature back up and it is gone. I check the rules library and the trait library and it is not there??? Something else I notice while in the trait. If i click the + tab at the top it opens up my template options, but i can't create a new template from there. So I select the template I want to use. In this case at will, since that was in my library, from the free market place download. It add it, but I can't do anything with it. It does not give me an option to creature a feature or spell effect. This seems very counter productive if can't completely build a trait/feature/template from inside a creature and have it save to the library. The only option is to build it completely from the rules library? I gave that a try, and It still won't save the trait to the newly creature creature.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

here is my log file.

Attached Files:

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

is this for a 3.5 rules set?
    Are you running the software as 'Admin'?

Also, please do a fresh clean install (either back up your current installation or install into a new dir [ C:\D20PRO-Clean ])

Also, do a fresh campaign.

See if it was an issue of installing over an old version of the software.

this will help determine what is going on, by ensuring a clean install and campaign game data.

#3 Wesley Gorby, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. KainPen

KainPen Member

It is pathfinder, I just tested fresh clean install, and a lot more traits are showing on a new campagin, but when i go to create a new one or add one that is already in the list to a newly created creature, after clicking apply. when i go back into the creature to check and see if it is there. The trait is not there. Here is the log from the clean install test run.

Attached Files:

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

did you hit the 'refresh' button?

6. KainPen

KainPen Member

yep I just tried a fresh install of 3.7.1 and it is doing the same thing. Does not matter if creature is on map or in library. I also just test it on a one of the default creatures that come with the fresh install. it adds just fine to those creatures.

Edit* update * I just did fresh install 3.7.1.4 plopped my campaign back into the campaign folder. it also newly created creatures can't save traits, but older ones can. Just try to do it to one of my players characters on the map and in the library creature, I was able to add trait i made just fine to both of them. But it seems any new creature I make from version 3.7.1 or 3.7.1.4. I can not add traits to them.

#6 KainPen, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

That probably will not work with the new build. Copying an old campaign over, will not contain the needed data files

Open you old campaign in the previous version and export your data (maps, tokens etc)

In the fresh install, create a new campaign and import your maps and tokens.

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Might be worth while to zip the campaign you are trying to use, and post it here. we'll take a look at it.

9. KainPen

KainPen Member

that what I am saying that works and preforms the exact same as new campaign. the problem with traits not saving only applies to newly created creatures. Do you guys have access to flashback blueberry player. I just made a 3 meg 30 sec video showing what is happening. I can email the file to you guys. unfortunately I don't have the ability to convert it into any other format. That might be a good file type to allow to attach to the message boards. Since the recorder and player are free for home use.

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

upload_2017-8-16_22-34-0.png

Could you send the log from the fresh clean install as well please. I tried looking at the one from that post, but it's the same log as the first one you posted rather than from the new install dir.

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Are you on skype?

12. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

not that I know of nope.

13. KainPen

KainPen Member

here did it again in a whole new DIR. is the log from the new dir clean install fresh campaign.

Attached Files:

14. KainPen

KainPen Member

yeah. I send you the skype info tomorrow via pm, we can do any testing skype tomorrow. I need to get some sleep. I got be up for work in 7 hours.

15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

alright, sounds like a plan.

16. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for debugging on this. I've passed the logs over to Alexey to look at as well. I'll be back in the hot seat tuesday next week and can dive into it further. If I can get reliable network connection, I can also fire off 3.7.1.5, which has several major fixes, tomorrow.