1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

A simple counter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SDM, Sep 2, 2017.

1. SDM

SDM New Member

Version 3,7.1
    I trying to create a simple per day counter to keep track of characters resolve in a Starfinder game I am running. The trait shows up on the character and in the rules library but when I attempt to use it in the abilities drop down it is not present. I know this is simple nut for the life of me I can not figure out what I am doing wrong.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

We need a bit more to go on, can you screen cap the counter from the library and as well what you have on the token/character please?

3. SDM

SDM New Member

The counter has no real function other than keeping track of how many times it has been used in a day.
    9-2-2017 10-51-39 PM.png 9-2-2017 10-52-58 PM.png

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

well the Trait only doesn't do anything other than provide text.

Think of a Trait as a container.

A template controls how the thing attached to the trait operates.

A feature is the thing that does something. even if it doesn't really do anything, it still needs to do something dice(1d0), it need some bit to fire off.

upload_2017-9-3_14-45-39.png

upload_2017-9-3_14-46-53.png

upload_2017-9-3_14-46-18.png

upload_2017-9-3_14-47-35.png

5. SDM

SDM New Member

Thanks that solved my problem as well as giving me some insight for future abilities.