1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Official Paizo on d20Pro!!!

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by ogexam, Dec 24, 2016.

1. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

There needs to be a clause, every week they are delayed, they agree to a 10% deduction in their legal fees. They are being paid enough to get their buts in gear lol.

vanith and Lonewolf147 like this.
  2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Agreement is done. Amendments are ratified, blood sacrifices have been made under the full moon and the arcane texts have been transfered (API reference docs).

We're working on implementing the required "logic" to allow for paizo users to link their paizo accounts to the d20pro marketplace. Once complete, you'll be able to purchase paizo kit directly from us and have it count toward your paizo collection -- a requirement from paizo before we can offer anything substantive in the marketplace.

So hopefully just one more major hoop to jump through before we're able to go live!

3. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Whoooah, pleeeeeease tell me the puchase of things flows both ways. Does that mean I can use the products I bought through paizo in d20pro to?
    *super wishful thinking*. Keep up the good work and thank you for the update.

4. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

what it means is that products purchased in Paizo will be deducted (supplying we get the API working) from the total for the D20PRO digital product. i.e. you don't have to buy the PDF twice if you already own it through Paizo's store.

That being said, since Paizo is not sharing revenue with us, we still have to charge for our conversion of content to D20PRO -- still this should be much cleaner than some of the other vendor options we currently have!

5. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Looks like FG2 beat you guys to the punch! he he. I can't wait to see the competition.

6. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Any updates to share? I'm still quite keen on seeing pathfinder :)

7. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

No updates that I know of, other than things are still being worked on.. content is being prepped..

8. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

we're building the content with the new engine in mind. we've added the API bits to the D20PRO but are still working around some technical issues with their API's round trip.

Doug (FG) and I have been discussing how this system works/doesn't work -- we'll be there very, very soon!

9. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Keep up the good work!

vanith and bpl2395 like this.
  10. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Well its now over half way through August. Figured i'd give you another poke!

Status update please?

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

all we can say about Pathfinder is that things are still 'in the works' and we have no dates at this time .. work is progressing forward on product, but the release of such things is dependent on the first part being resolved.

it involves getting two different marketing systems written in dif languages to talk to each other and get along with each other and both be on the same page, so to speak.

and keep in mind, there are things (as when dealing with any big company) that are just plain out of our hands, as you are not dealing with one person or even one department, lots of hoops to jump through.. and sometimes those hoops have to be touched up and/or redone due to changes from jumping through some other hoop ..

it's looking good though, we will get there guys

vanith likes this.
  12. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey all, so I'm meeting with Paizo on sunday at 10:30 am Gen Con time to discuss with them how to resolve the hold up. We've had a dedicated staff member working to integrate with their marketplace (a requirement) but we have been getting virtually no support. They'd like to resolve so we can sell the products. So lets hold onto our torches just a little longer (Tay-Dor reference :p) and let me meet with them to find out what can be done and what timeline we can get it done in.

Thanks and sorry again for the obviously ridiculous delays..

On a sidenote, Starfinder native support (via hot jar) will be cooking over the next week or so. This is the base, "feature enabling" system like we did for 5e and will be a base part of the D20PRO product.

vanith likes this.
  13. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Starfinder was a dream. Kudos to you guys for jumping on it right away. I hope it turns out like a RIFTS meets pathfinder.
    Keep up the good work.

14. rob anderson

rob anderson New Member

Were you successful in beating / extracting answers from paizo? The gencon booth with the digital table pictures were pretty awesome.

15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

As far as I know, there hasn't been any Status changes I can release publicly at this time.

16. Mickey

Mickey Member

Soooooo........ Any updates on how 'soon' this is going to be available? :p

17. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

As soon as something breaks, I will post to all social media. Content is coming along nicely.

mrwinfree likes this.
  18. Irondeacon

Irondeacon New Member

I have a strange, uncontrollable urge to throw money at D20Pro for official Pathfinder content.....

Tay-Dor likes this.
  19. Geretom

Geretom New Member

Can you tell us anything about what kind of official content will be available first? I'd be really interested in modules and adventure paths... rather than rulebooks... What can we expect?

20. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

as far as I know, yes it will be core material. Followed by adventure stuff and quite a lot of tilesets at some point following.