1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Light Radius to 0

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Ualaa, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

One of my players has an ability (Spheres of Power), where he can summon little glowing things which can carry light things. He was planning on giving them bombs (a blast shape, in Spheres of Power) and having them run up to the mobs and blow themselves up.

I decided to quickly create three light sources, which I wanted to give the player control of... so not tethered but still under his control. When I made one, it had an illumination radius (Light Radius) of 1 (the minimum, I suppose). I changed the value to 0, to see if that was valid.

New Light Source.
    Light Radius 0.
    Program hangs...

I could move the mouse, but not click on anything and mousing over would not give tooltips. Closing the program down, and then reloading... it would say Please Wait, for several minutes (mouse could move along the screen) with the quick icons along the top left visible, but nothing else. After several minutes, part of the lights window would be visible if the mouse was moved over it, but not all of the window and everything was still non-responsive from a... can I click on anything... point of view. The quick bar along the top left, at that point could be moused over (with the tooltip popup) but still nothing could be clicked on.

I did a hard reboot, and had the same issue.

I could create a new campaign, and whip out a very basic map in half an hour.
    That was functional.
    The new campaign did not have my prepared maps, nor did the content library have access to the dozens of creatures I had imported from Hero Lab.

Going from the new campaign, and attempting to open the old one resulted in the original hanging (please wait lettering visible, the screen entirely black except for the quick button in the top left). The program was never responsive and I had to Ctrl-Shift-Escape and End Process to get out.

The new campaign was still accessible, so we ran a couple of very basic encounters, and then called it a night.

When I got home, I disconnected my main PC from the internet (I store my campaign folder on Drop Box) and started d20Pro.
    With the campaign open, I reconnected the modem, waited for DropBox to fully sync... then moved a creature on one of the detailed maps, and saved.
    Dropbox updated again, with the detailed maps now saved in a non-corrupt form.

Powering up the laptop, but with d20Pro open on the PC, I let the laptop fully sync, then re-saved on the PC so the laptop has the non-corrupt form. I was able to open the campaign fine on the laptop. It said the campaign did not shut down properly, but clicking yes and it opened in a couple of seconds.

Question

Which file(s) would I need to backup, so if I messed something I could restore a campaign to the previous backup point, and restart/open from there?

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

all game data is stored in the

<install folder>/judge/campaigns/<name of campaign>

Ualaa likes this.
  3. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

Thanks.

So if I back up that folder, I can essentially overwrite it and restore the campaign to... just prior to starting the game session.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That is correct.