1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Creating new Rules System

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by ogexam, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ogexam

ogexam Member

I know d20Pro has been working on allowing more and more rules systems.

Is it possible now or in the near future to do a d100 based dice rolls, that are opposed rolls.
    These are rolls versus skills that for every 10 below the skill value is a success, then you compare total successes.

I have a friend who is about to release his game system and wants to also release with a VTT... I am trying to get him to use d20Pro, but he said other VTTs may be able to allow him to put in his rules system.

let's help him stick with d20Pro... please let me know.

Thanks

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Not quite there yet, It'll be a while before full on system integration is ready. Though you could just use Core Dice, which we have done for several game systems, and it works just fine.

#2 Wesley Gorby, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  3. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

That kind of sounds like the Storyteller (Vampire the Masquerade) system.

You have your attribute (1 to 5 rating) plus the relevant skill (1 to 5 rating).
    Adding those together determines how many d10s are rolled.
    The roll is against a difficulty ranging from 4 (easy) upwards to 8 (very hard); the ranges can be anything 1-10, actually.
    Then you count how many successes you had, to determine how successful (or not) you were.

4. Kotawolf

Kotawolf Member

Yep, was just introduced to a new system at a Con here in Dallas in October.
    Basically using the game Fallout for a basis.
    So will be nice when we can do more.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry for the delay in setting up the github for the rules API. Adding starfinder is uncovering a few missed key points in the system which I'm attempting to plug while working on getting 3.7.2 out the door. As a preview of what this system offers customization on, I'm including a screen shot of the rules jar structure:

upload_2017-11-25_20-32-31.png

The Rules API is a java class build which uses the D20PRO.jar to compile against. The sub classes shown above are current core areas of the applications logic which can be modified or over-ridden by the new dynamic rules engine.

Documentation on each of these classes and their D20PRO.jar counterparts needs to be flushed out before this will be useful to most folks. however, rather than a standard cart and horse problem, we'll end up rolling this out organically -- i.e. code first, docs and wiki will then be updated on the github.