1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Starfinder Classes

Discussion in 'D20 Sci-Fi & Modern' started by Raffy, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Raffy

Raffy New Member

I'm trying to create my own classes files for starfinder but I'm having difficulties editing the Mystic class. I was trying to integrate the variant for the connection Spell and features. But the connecting spell aren't showing.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

#2 Wesley Gorby, Nov 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  3. Raffy

Raffy New Member

Here my file

Attached Files:

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

At first blush it looks alright.

I'll have to ask about;
    #CONNECTIONS
    ConnectionAkashic=Identify|Augury|Tongues|Divination|Contact other Plane|Vision

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the Connection entry is trying to use the Domain system right? Also, I'm assuming the 20 in the cantrips per day is a hack to provide a massive daily pool of cantrips?

Attached is the updated version of your classes.txt with Connection Akashic as a domain. Below is the correct nomenclature and below that are the class/path selection and spell editor view associated with said selections.

upload_2017-11-26_17-13-14.png

upload_2017-11-26_17-11-7.png

upload_2017-11-26_17-10-6.png

Attached Files:

6. Raffy

Raffy New Member

Thanks you I,Ll check that and have you planned something for the stamina and resolve points ?

7. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I've added a CustomTraits solution to the creature template to allow us to extend tracked pools -- Stamina Points, Resolve Points, Sorcerer Points, Ki Points, or whatever else a system might require.

This system is not 100% done yet however, so it may be a few more days before we get it sorted out.

In the meantime, you can track using the Rules Library and creating a Feature, a Template (optional) and a Trait.

(please note, this is 300% not the ideal as attacks and what not will not auto debit this style of pool. For that you'll have to wait till I'm done coding up the Custom Traits component.

upload_2017-11-27_1-0-55.png

In use by pressing the 'B' key or clicking on Abilities from the creature menu:

upload_2017-11-27_1-1-53.png

upload_2017-11-27_1-3-30.png

upload_2017-11-27_1-3-58.png

TaDa

upload_2017-11-27_1-4-18.png

This is definitely a temporary hack. Alternately you could track HP this way and use the HP area as SP while we work out the logic behind the scenes.

Attached Files:

8. Raffy

Raffy New Member

Thanks for the hacks ^^ really really awesome feedback I'll continue to prepared my d20 pro for starfinder

9. Raffy

Raffy New Member

I have a question about skill in the class text does it do something in the skill tab in the creature because it does not seems to change anything . Is it adding the +3 bonus that pathfinder and starfinder share for class skill. I was wondering because some class have ability that target certains skill or more specific class skill like the Channel Skill for the Mystic class that target the associated skill for the connection aka the domain.
    upload_2017-11-27_19-23-15.png upload_2017-11-27_19-26-11.png

10. vanith

vanith Member

Remember to click the "Show All" button instead of the ranked because if it's not clicked then it won't show any skills until ranks are put into them.

To answer your question, normally I have to add it as a Misc modifier, but if it's situational then it's a special trait or ability that has to be used for 1 round.

:D