1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Damage and status hidden from players

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Ursus_minor, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

Let's start small with requests :)
    I would like to have an option not to display damage dealt/healed on creatures to my players.
    The same goes with status symbols.

Cheers

2. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

This is in the GM options panel.

Options->GM

upload_2017-11-24_16-4-29.png

Options are:

All
    Team + dead or dying - shows health bars and numbers for teams and creatures who are down (either dead or dying)
    Player owned and team - shows health for all player owned creatures and team members
    Player owned + dead or dying - shows health for only player owned creatures or creatures who are dead or dying
    Player owned - shows health only for player owned creatures
    GM Only - shows health to GM only - nothing for players
    None - do not show health for any creature, GM and Player.

3. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Ooops missed the status thing. that one will require a feature add to make happen. I'll queue it into the next round -- so post 3.7.2.

4. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

Sorry for not being precise : I meant not red overlay but the flashing number with amount of hitpoints lost / healed.

5. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Ah, that makes sense. I've updated the behavior so there's a check box to use numeric damage overlay (yes/no). We can refine this later to divide between PC view of numeric overlay and GM view of numeric overlay.

I did not combine this with the log as there are already too many ways in which the log leaves the player wondering how damage was accrued.

[Still working on the status on]
    upload_2017-11-25_15-21-39.png

6. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay. so status is up and running as follows:

upload_2017-11-25_16-31-52.png

GM on the left, and PC on the right.

With the toggle enabled to show status, status icons are visible for both player and GM.

With toggle disabled (unchecked) the status icons are hidden on the GM.

Also corrected a mistake regarding status where the PC was able to hover over a not-owned token and see the status icons on that token.

Right now this is a 100% binary thing
    -- status effects are either shown or not shown on tokens.
    -- mouse over status is shown for owned tokens or, if GM, for all tokens.

What we want in the long run is the ability to set which status icons are visible on a token by players -- i.e. allow players to mark or call out a token by applying a visible status to that token.

We can add this but it will take a new token paint layer OR a change to statuses in which we apply visibility similar to the way lights work (public/private and visible/not visible).

For now. I'm going to run with this model unless this is breaking something more extreme. Thoughts?

7. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

I prefer to leave some mystery in combat about how effective the attacks are. This is exactly what I hoped for. Thanks

8. Ursus_minor

Ursus_minor New Member

Will this feature go with next version? If so, when can we expect it?

9. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

If possible (provided there is time) it should be in 3.7.2, I'll ask @owlbear about it.