1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Importing Hero Lab Files

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by gmgrigsby, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Dan

Dan Member

You still have to use the "fix" above:

Basically, open your .hld20pro file in notepad, then

This is a problem with how Hero Labs is exporting their files, and is needed until they change that.

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

If your reply is directed towaqrds me, I thank you.

However, unless D20Pro can import the files that HL creates for importation to another copy of HL, it doesn't appear it will work.

Unlike HL for D20, or HL for Pathfinder, HL for 4e doesn't have an export feature.

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

The HL 4e exporter is not existent yet. HL is still working their side to be able to create the xml file. Once I get the xml file format from them. Then we will add in the importer feature.

As for the d20 and pathfinder exports from HL into d20Pro... they should work flawlessly now.

DDI 4e imports work now too.

4. neofax

neofax New Member

This is not the case. I just tried to import my Pathfinder Society Play character from HeroLabs into d20Pro. I also checked to see if the created by line was at the bottom and it is not. My d20Pro is version 2.1.1 and HeroLabs is version 3.6a with Pathfinder update version 3.3.

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

6. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

HL has released the export for 4e!!!

Alas, I get an unexpected error when trying to import the file.

Never-the-less, I believe the end is in sight :)

7. ogexam

ogexam Member

It is coming!

d20Pro version 2.1.2 should have the installers up soon. that version will be able to import HL 4e characters.

8. dragonlady

dragonlady Member

Thanks for fixing things guys, Now I can go back to testing the program for use in some games.

9. Ignath

Ignath New Member

Have any new issues arisen with the import of Hero Lab files to d20Pro? I'm running Hero Lab v3.6c and d20Pro version 2.1.2 and am getting the error "Unexpected error importing from C:\HeroLab\Portfolios\Eyrn.hld20pro"

I tried to attach my .por and my .hld20pro files, but it said the extensions are not allowed :(

Thanks for the assistance.

10. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Ignath,I think you'll want to keep an eye on this thread.

11. ogexam

ogexam Member

not sure why you cannot attach it, I am sending you a PM

12. ogexam

ogexam Member

I discovered what the problem was sent by Ignath

It was half ranks in skills. You had 1.5 ranks in spot. Perfectly legal, but looks like that is blowing up the importer.

Current fix for this bug, you can edit the file in the skills area to drop the .5 from skills.

I will fix our importer on our end to ignore the .5. More then likely I am trying to convert the field to an integer, and it has a float in the string so boom!

13. Dan

Dan Member

Can we make a new thread for this .5 skills issue and lock this one? It would be good to have a thread for each HL import issue. I'm also moving this thread to the Bug Reports forum.