1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Center Player View

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HippyCraig, Dec 23, 2017.

1. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

Is there a way for the GM to center the players view automatically to draw the PC's attention to something on the map. To bring everyone back to the same focus.

2. Mickey

Mickey Member

I assume you mean; if players are at point A on their map and you want them to look at point B, you want to be able to centre your map on point B then hit a button and then the players' clients will then centre on point B as well?

If so, I don't believe that's possible at the moment.

There was a feature request posted (by me :p ) that asked for a way of pinging or giving focus on particular places on the map. So, hopefully, that might be available some time.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You can use the hotkey for this.

upload_2017-12-23_14-29-39.png

You can see all the other shortcuts on the Guide here

Tay-Dor likes this.
  4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

As for highlighting or 'pinging' a specific map square, it is on the Feature requests list. You can in the meantime use an animated marker for this.

5. Mickey

Mickey Member

Ah, didn't know about f3.

6. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

That is fantastic, in my setup the touchscreen on the table for the players, everyone touching it can get things out of view easily, I wanted to be able to re-center their view easily from the DM side of the screen.

This will be a huge help!!

7. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

np, happy to serve :)

8. Ualaa

Ualaa Member

F3 is going to rock.

I run a DM client on my laptop.
    And then six player clients, also on my laptop.

Anytime we switch to a new map, it's a bit of a process switching to each player tab and clicking on their portrait in the roster.
    Being able to F3 once...

Awesome!

9. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

just for your information, the other super handy shortcut key for me is F5 which refreshed the view for all players without changing maps. This is handy if you want to refresh map views or add critters to the current scene for all players.

I use F3 and F5 all the time while running to keep the players in sync with what I'm seeing/doing.