1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Port Forwarding Trouble with New Google Wifi

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Michael Clark, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

I am not very technically savvy, so please forgive my ignorance. However, I just purchased a Google WiFi system to boost the range and speed of my WiFi connections in my home. It also allows the main ISP router to be in another room and for me to use a hub to connect my Ethernet cable into it so that I have faster speeds on my laptop in my home office.

So the connection goes from Frontier Fios box to router via Ethernet cable to Google WiFi via Ethernet cable to hub in my office via WiFi to my laptop via Ethernet cable. It works perfectly as planned except for the port forwarding for d20Pro.

I have followed the Google WiFi app's instructions and it shows

IP Address: 192.186.XX.XX (reserved)
    Port Forwarding Rule: 10101 > 10101 (TCP/UDP)
    Connection: Wired

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, because it will still not allow me to connect players.

If I disconnect the Google WiFi system and run off the Frontier router, then it works perfectly. I just want to run faster with my new system. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Typically wired and wireless do not bridge... I'd look into that...

If you use the new (D20PRO) session based (pubs) connection method, you shouldn't have to port forward at all.

If you have to do port forwarding, please include the make and model of all interconnected devices and I'll see if I can look them up for you. All these devices do this slightly differently and aren't even consistent with in a brand line, so.. it can be a confusing cookie ..

3. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

I ended up having to delete the port forwarding that I had set up on my ISP router and open that port for the Google Wifi. Then I set the Google Wifi to port forward to my laptop and the pathway was open and complete and worked like a charm.

Thanks!

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

good news, glad you figured it out. :)