1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Marker Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by HippyCraig, Jan 14, 2018.

1. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

So I just upgraded to 372, I imported my maps and all worked fine I discussed all this with Krillion before the new version was released so I followed all the right procedures so I dont think this is related to that.

When I try to go into Map Markers its misbehaving here, single clicks are not working I have to double click in order to create a new map marker, and I can't move the existing ones, even new ones behave the same I can create them after double clicking and creating a new one but I can't move them.

Attached is my log file I see some error not sure if its related

Is the issue repeatable? Yes
    what OS you are using? Win10 Latest Update 64 bit
    what rules system are you using? 5e
    what version of the software are you using? 372

Attached Files:

#1 HippyCraig, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You should be in 'Marker Mode', also try and move a token or any other interaction to make sure the App is not doing a Garbage Collection in the background which looks like a lag out and prevents interaction with the App.

upload_2018-1-14_14-59-33.png

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Also, ensure the Marker is not 'Locked'

upload_2018-1-14_15-1-43.png

4. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

So its not locked I check that, I am also able to move monster tokens no issue there, just the markers. And a single click doesn't work for me with the markers for that to work I have to double click, not sure if that helps at all.

Attached Files:

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

please export the map and post it here, so we can try and duplicate or see whats going on that map.

6. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

See Attached, there is only one its a secret door

Attached Files:

7. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I tested the other imported maps I did and they all have the same issue

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Hmm, I'm able to move it around.
    upload_2018-1-14_21-46-55.png

upload_2018-1-14_21-47-35.png

but I'll ask @owlbear to check the drag handle size for it, as it's a bit hard to grab a hold of.

9. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

Thanks where on the object did you grab it from? Are you having the same double click issue as well. Single clicks do not put up the menu at all for me. In the previous version, 3.7.1, this was not an issue, it worked as expected. Everything else seemed to import correctly as far as I can tell.

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

they seemed to be in the lower right corner of the Marker

11. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

I was able to grab it from the lower right, that is odd, it also wasn't in the exact place I put it in the older version it was on that bottom wall right in the middle of the left two blocks. Not sure if something went weird on the import from 3.7.1, thoughts?

Also single clicking anywhere on the map doesnt allow me to place a marker I have to double click, do see that as well in your import?

12. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

Double-clicking is standard for using many features in d20pro. I don't know if this will be changed in the future, but if anything doesn't seem to work, always try double clicking. I think this is to prevent normal clicking from creating markers accidentally maybe.

13. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

In version 371 markers worked with a single click

14. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

I guess it's changed now. You can also right click on the map one time and get marker options as well.

15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

as far as I know, this is correct. The info/help text in the dialog needs updating to read double click or use right-click menu.

16. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

its not an issue it was just different behavior and I am concerned about the imports that I did and that there working correctly. Especially moving the markers around, the area to grab them is much smaller and if that was the intent than its fine but if its not then something may be wrong, the amount of clicks was more of noticing something else that was just different from before.

Can you elaborate more on the moving of the markers as that was the original concern.

17. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

@owlbear is looking into the position and size of the drag handles for markers.

18. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

yeah, sorry, darn drag handle got miss-aligned, I'm pushing out unstable betas for specific issues as fast (and reliably) as I can. this is next on my list!

19. HippyCraig

HippyCraig Member

ok so its not an issue with the import then? I just didnt want to redo all that work, :) I can defifinatly live with it till the next release now that I know were I can grab it.

20. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay, I have this fixed and will include in the next beta (3.7.2.5) and in the service update release.