1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Light Cleric in 5e

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Blueter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Blueter

Blueter Member

So I was working on creatures and made a life cleric in 5e. The domain spells come up as nature domain spells. I went on over to classes to adjusted it accordingly but just wanted to make that error aware to you. I was also noticing that cantrips don't seem to be unlimited but rather what ever your known number cantrips are for your level. Again light cleric get a bonus cantrip of light so I was adding a slot for it. Is there a number that I can up so you are still limited to the 3 (4 with light) but able to click the old cast button say 100 times if you want with out your zero level spell vanishing after 3/4 cast?

2. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

I heard from Owlbear that he is fixing domain spells as it's currently bugged and should be fixed in the next patch or two. And can you explain more about your cantrip question? The easiest way around the bonus domain cantrip is adding the bonus spell as an "at will" ability to the class trait. I've attached a photo showing what I mean.

Attached Files:

3. Blueter

Blueter Member

right so, I don't really use the ability tab mostly because it was there in 3.7.1. I try my best to organize all spells under the spell tab. I simply added an addition known cantrip to the cleric of light domain template. That part no worries works fine. It's just that cantrips are unlimited in both pathfinder and 5e. Currently if you are 1st level cleric (just an example it be any caster class.) you know 3 cantrips, the problem that I run into is after that cleric cast 3 cantrips the zero level spells vanish off the spell list for casting. I changed the number to 30 in the temple so that you could cast 30 zero's a day. The draw back to that was then memorized all 7 of the cleric's cantrips with the ability to cast zero's 30 times a day.
    What I am looking for is a way to limit to the 3 cantrips a day with unlimited (or a high enough per day of zero's that it doesn't really matter.) cast of zero's per day. I have said it before and ill say it again I'm not a computer guy trial and error are my bread and butter! Heck maybe I'm just an old man but I didn't even know what discord was until my son explained it to me!

4. Nezzeraj

Nezzeraj Member

Cantrips shouldn't be debiting from the spells you are able to cast. In the spell flow editor, make sure the "cost" is set to 0, as by default all spells are set to 1, which deducts from the amount of spells able to be casted. Also wouldn't hurt to try setting "level" to 0 as well.

Attached Files:

Blueter likes this.
  5. Blueter

Blueter Member

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

Nezzeraj likes this.