1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Saving throws not matching

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by vanith, Feb 3, 2018.

1. vanith

vanith Member

Please be as detailed as possible (general things you might want to include in your post);
    what you are trying to do exactly?
    - Importing from HL into D20pro is causing weird issues with the saving throws to not match with what's in Hero Lab. The Reflex roll is consistently off by 2 or 3 points above what's in the system. The will save comes in with a bonus +2 in the base with the last four imports I did. I have to adjust the Reflex by -2 to get it to match.
    what the result was and/or what steps you took?
    - Dropped the HL using the native importer.
    Is the issue repeatable?
    - Yes
    what OS you are using?
    - Windows 10 - 1709 Edition
    what rules system are you using?
    - Pathfinder
    what version of the software are you using?
    - Beta D20pro 3.7.2.9

Attached Files:

#1 vanith, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. vanith

vanith Member

I found this in the notes section of the tokens:
    Importer Error Log:
    Failure in extractor: peronal_allsaves
    Ignoring: Armor Check Penalty
    Ignoring weapon equipped: mainhand

3. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Are you using the classes.txt from the camapaign template? Some of the creature types have variable saves and I had to pick one. As I'm building the Bestiary, I have to add or subtract the saves from time to time.

4. vanith

vanith Member

Owlbear gave me a private copy of the classes.txt that he built. I have been using that for the last week or so, do you want me to revert to what was in the original file?

5. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Use what works for you. I was just noting if you used the current PF campaign template creature "classes" that's where some save issues could come into play.

Ie: the Outsider type says "two good saving throws, usually Reflex and Will." So if a particular Outsider has a different combination, those saves will be off, because the Outsider "class" will assign Ref and Will as good saves.

6. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

yep, there are a few cases of things like that. :)

Tay-Dor likes this.
  7. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

Another thing I've noticed as I work on the Pathfinder build. Currently, D20PRO does not calculate the saves properly for Prestige Classes. So keep that in mind as well.