1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Room Numbers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golldan, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Golldan

Golldan Member

Hi All, Was looking for ways to add room numbers on a map that the PCs cannot see. I tried the Map Markers and made them invisible, but the text for them is very small and not really centered on the shape used (circle in my example). I have seen on the board where Monsters have been used for room numbers, but the Map Markers seem perfect, but I just can not find how to increase or center the text. Thanks in advance -- Dan

upload_2018-4-3_10-10-42.png

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I use the Map Markers, and use the numerals for them to match the room number. Most maps are of a set (like all M.1) so there is no need for the alpha in the marker. I then use the room title as the title like "A.2 The Western Turret" and place the room description in the description.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

You're on the right track, create a bunch of number images and add them as markers to the markers.zip file, then use those on your map.

01.png 02.png 03.png

like so ...

4. Golldan

Golldan Member

Thanks. There is a set of number icons in the MARKER folder already. I needed to import them to use them. FYI for those that have not used markers, if you are on a map and are on Game tools window, rt click on map to add marker. Then edit it. In edit window you can doubleclick on the ? Icon. That will open the Image chooser window. Click on Import Image button, click file. From there navigate to your campaign folder and res/MARKERS folder (and I found) some pre made number and letter icons.

#4 Golldan, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  5. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

I'm one of the grognards that prefers using creature tokens instead of markers. I just find it easier to have an invisible token with an easier editable (for me) field in the Notes tab.

But use whatever way works best for you. :)

6. Golldan

Golldan Member

Tay-Dor... I used a map with tokens for numbers.... they ended up in initiative order for combat... The numbers had no AC and no weapons for damage, so they did not do well in combat... so I will stick to the Map Markers for room numbers and stick with tokens for Monsters :)

7. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

That's why you put the token just outside the room so you don't accidentally put them into initiative. Besides, if they are invisible, your players won't know if you accidentally put them in initiative.. :)